Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Xiao-Feng Li <xi...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/22 02:44:04 UTC

[general] (Stephen Colebourne) No Java SE 7 - The Oracle perspective

Hope I am not from Mars. I found this is quite interesting (and some
comments there):

http://www.jroller.com/scolebourne/entry/no_java_se_7_the1

Some discussions in Slashdot on this (Well, like most Slashdot comments...):

http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=54339

Thanks,
xiaofeng
--
http://people.apache.org/~xli

Re: [general] (Stephen Colebourne) No Java SE 7 - The Oracle perspective

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
On 22/Jul/2009 01:44, Xiao-Feng Li wrote:
> Hope I am not from Mars. I found this is quite interesting (and some
> comments there):
>
> http://www.jroller.com/scolebourne/entry/no_java_se_7_the1
>
> Some discussions in Slashdot on this (Well, like most Slashdot comments...):

s/Slashdot/ServerSide/g  ?

> http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=54339

IMHO Stephen has done a good job of describing the whole Java/JCP
ecosystem through his series of blog posts.

Hopefully more people understand how Java progress works now, coming
from somebody who does not have an axe to grind [1].

Oracle cannot say anything definitive until the acquisition completes,
but historically they have always been supportive of the Apache position
regarding the TCK for Harmony.  I expect they will do the right thing.

[1] http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/an_axe_to_grind

Regards,
Tim