Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by RobertGrimes <gr...@rgconsulting.com> on 2014/08/04 20:17:31 UTC

New at SpamAssassin - how to not get headers

I a bit new to all this so please excuse my lack of knowledge -

I am running hMailServer which is using spamassissan. I am getting some
emails through that I would think should be spam but show a very low score
with my setup. I would like to try to run the exact same email through
spamassassin multiple times with adjustments in parameters until I can get a
bit higher hit rate. If I take the message after it has gone through
hMailServer via SA, there are extra headers that SA has put in even if it
got a very low score like 0. If I try to run that message through SA via a
command line, it is now tainted with the new SA headers so I am not sure the
validity of the score now. The headers that were added, even though
hMailServer didn't ask for them look like:

RCVD_IN_BRBL_LASTEXT,RCVD_IN_PSBL,RDNS_DYNAMIC autolearn=no
autolearn_force=no version=3.4.0

A better question is, what is a good methodolgy for tweaking SA parameters
and knowing you are actually starting with the same message and getting a
new score?

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.