Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Antonio Vieiro <an...@vieiro.net> on 2017/10/24 11:10:45 UTC

Build fails without "patch" tool

Hi all,

The build fails if "patch" is not available on the command line (see [1])

AFAIK all the build system requires little external tools. Are we
ready for requiring an external "patch" command or should we roll back
that change?

Thanks
Antonio

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/pull/172#issuecomment-338919992

Re: Build fails without "patch" tool

Posted by Antonio Vieiro <an...@vieiro.net>.
Even simpler: let’s keep the files themselves and the patch (for reference), and let’s compile the files! ;-)

Posted by Matthias Bläsing <mb...@doppel-helix.eu>.
Hey all,

Am Dienstag, den 24.10.2017, 13:48 +0200 schrieb Jaroslav Tulach:
> Btw. The diff module & co. contain code to apply a patch. The code is
> used in the IDE.

> > The build fails if "patch" is not available on the command line (see [1])
> >
> > AFAIK all the build system requires little external tools. Are we
> > ready for requiring an external "patch" command or should we roll back
> > that change?

this is the implementation of Jaroslavs idea:

https://github.com/matthiasblaesing/incubator-netbeans/tree/build-java-patching

I basicly took the patching utility from the diff module, removed the
netbeans dependencies and wrapped it into an ant task.

The branch linked above modifies the o.apache.xml.resolver build to use
the new patching task.

Please test if this works on platforms other than linux.

Thank you

Matthias

Re: Build fails without "patch" tool

Posted by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com>.