Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Josh Spiegel <jo...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/11 04:21:35 UTC

Creating a table with a custom InputFormat

Hi,

I want to create a table with a custom InputFormat.  For example, something
like this:

CREATE TABLE xxx (blah string)
STORED AS
   INPUTFORMAT 'org.foo.MyInputFormat'
   OUTPUTFORMAT 'org.foo.MyOutputFormat'
;

I also want to be able specify some configuration values that will be
available to the InputFormat (possibly via the JobConf).  Is this
possible?

It looks like "stored by"/HiveStorageHandler might make this possible by
allowing me to push TBLPROPERTIES into the JobConf.  But I would like to
avoid a non-native table if possible.

Thanks,
Josh

Re: Creating a table with a custom InputFormat

Posted by Josh Spiegel <jo...@gmail.com>.
I want to specify the configuration properties when the table is created.
This bug looks like it enables specifying a configuration when the table is
referenced.

Thanks again,
Josh

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.