Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Peter Steele <st...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/02 07:02:10 UTC

Re: Calling all Gradle users!

I have noticed one extra issue, if you right click in the projects view and
do a clean and build. The outputs tab in the notiifcation is not loaded up.
If it is already loaded up but the focus in the notification area is on the
Search Results tab, for example, then again the focus is not changed to the
output tab. If the output tab is open and in focus but there is another sub
tab open (like a git commit window) then again the focus doesn't change to
the output window.

On Sun, Jan 27, 2019 at 10:27 AM Peter Steele <st...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just a small bit of further feedback, in the project navigator pane (the
> one with the tree in). If you don't have a main project selected the set
> main project right click item doesn't appear. But if you have one selected
> the set main project does appear. I would say it should always appear.
>
> On Sat, 26 Jan 2019, 20:07 Peter Steele <steelehere@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Some good news on testing further with a brand new project and maybe some
>> suggestions for further enhancements
>>
>> 1) The exception I saw was caused by gradle running a too old version on
>> root project (the default gradle installation on linux was too low for jdk
>> 11 (actually 9 10 and 11). I fixed it by running this "gradle wrapper
>> --gradle-version 5.1".
>> 2) The issue of not loading the sub projects was only because I didn't
>> open the project from the project dialog, it opened because it was the last
>> project I opened. My suggestion here would be to default to open all
>> subprojects in this scenario.
>> 3) The issue of the sub projects changing name was caused because I had a
>> settings.gradle in root project and all the sub projects from the previous
>> gradle pluggin. In the new netbeans it is not done this way. My suggestion
>> here is to better handle the behavior if settings.gradle is present and has
>> rootProject.nane=XXXXX set to a value different to the directory name of
>> the project (the previous plugin allowed you to set th emodule name and
>> project name).
>> 4) The other reason for the compiling not working is because the root
>> project settings.gradle did not have all the includes set for the sub
>> project.
>>
>> For 3 and 4 I think this was caused by a old version of the current
>> gradle plugin as it doesn't happen now. and produces similar file to the
>> new version of netbeans
>>
>> So overall a positive experice (once I fixed issues with my project).
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Peter
>>
>> On Sat, Jan 26, 2019 at 3:21 PM Peter Steele <st...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> I downloaded the new version and ran it side by side with the current
>>> setup. After installing javafx (which was new), I got an error initially
>>>
>>> java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 0 out of bounds for length 0
>>> at
>>> java.base/jdk.internal.util.Preconditions.outOfBounds(Preconditions.java:64)
>>> at
>>> java.base/jdk.internal.util.Preconditions.outOfBoundsCheckIndex(Preconditions.java:70)
>>> at
>>> java.base/jdk.internal.util.Preconditions.checkIndex(Preconditions.java:248)
>>> at java.base/java.util.Objects.checkIndex(Objects.java:372)
>>> at java.base/java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:458)
>>> at
>>> org.netbeans.modules.gradle.options.GradleDistributionManager.evaluateGradleWrapperDistribution(GradleDistributionManager.java:209)
>>> at
>>> org.netbeans.modules.gradle.GradleProjectCache.loadGradleProject(GradleProjectCache.java:159)
>>> at
>>> org.netbeans.modules.gradle.GradleProjectCache.access$100(GradleProjectCache.java:83)
>>> [catch] at
>>> org.netbeans.modules.gradle.GradleProjectCache$ProjectLoaderTask.call(GradleProjectCache.java:337)
>>> at