Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Justin Ross <jr...@redhat.com> on 2012/11/20 01:56:33 UTC

0.20 release update - beta is available

Hi.  The beta distribution is available now from revision 1411386 of the
release branch.

   http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-0.20-beta/

I did some simple build and test runs of the cpp and java components on
Fedora 16 x86-64.  There was only one failure, concerning ssl_test in the
cpp tests.

   http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-0.20-beta-testing.txt

Please give the beta a try and report what you find.  RC1 is set for 28
November.

Thanks,
Justin

---
0.20 release page: https://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/020-release.html

Re: 0.20 release update - beta is available

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
As per discussion on QPID-4444, the java broker release binary is missing
some jar files for the Managment and ACL functionality following some
recent changes so those bits wont work (the 'java release' binary should
have them and work fine though).

We will discuss how/where they will be put back tomorrow/today and get that
fixed up for RC1.

Robbie

Posted by Phil Harvey <ph...@philharveyonline.com>.
I've tested the qpid-java-0.20-beta.tar.gz  binary that was built on 19
November and found no problems.

I didn't test qpid-java-broker-0.20-beta.tar.gz because it is missing some
jars, as mentioned by Robbie previously in this thread.

Tested successfully:
- Start broker with the following options: -p <port> -m <jmxregistryport>
-l <log4jFile> --jmxconnectorport <jmxconnectorport>
- Send and receive JMS messages using the Java client
- Log in via JMX and web UI
- View some messages via JMX and web UI
- qpid.stop script
- Broker log looks sane.

Environment:
- Linux Mint 12, x86_64
- Java: Oracle 1.6.0_29

Phil

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 11/20/2012 04:11 PM, Andrew Stitcher wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-11-20 at 10:06 +0000, Gordon Sim wrote:
>> On 11/20/2012 12:56 AM, Justin Ross wrote:
>>> There was only one failure, concerning ssl_test in the cpp tests.
>>
>> The line number suggests the ping_broker script is the issue. The error
>> looks like it wasn't found, which is odd as it seems to be in the
>> extra-dist list. The python libs it relies on most likely weren't
>> available (various tests were skipped as a result).
>
> Above that in the listing is:
>
> python tools absent - skipping sasl_fed.
> PASS: sasl_fed
>
> which might indicate the same issue, but there detected and avoided.

Could be, I was just surprised that it was a command not found rather
than a python error.

Re: 0.20 release update - beta is available

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.
On Tue, 2012-11-20 at 10:06 +0000, Gordon Sim wrote:
> On 11/20/2012 12:56 AM, Justin Ross wrote:
> > There was only one failure, concerning ssl_test in the cpp tests.
>
> The line number suggests the ping_broker script is the issue. The error
> looks like it wasn't found, which is odd as it seems to be in the
> extra-dist list. The python libs it relies on most likely weren't
> available (various tests were skipped as a result).

Above that in the listing is:

python tools absent - skipping sasl_fed.
PASS: sasl_fed

which might indicate the same issue, but there detected and avoided.

Andrew

Re: 0.20 release update - beta is available

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.