Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Haripriya Ayyalasomayajula <ah...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/28 20:16:35 UTC

Problems connecting with Mesos Master

Hi all,

I am trying to use Spark 1.4.1 with Mesos 0.23.0.

When I try to start my spark-shell, it gives me the following warning :

Scheduler driver bound to loopback interface! Cannot communicate with
remote master(s). You might want to set 'LIBPROCESS_IP' environment
variable to use a routable IP address.
---

Spark-shell works fine on the node where I run master, but if I start
running on any of the other slave nodes it gives me the following error:

E0728 11:22:53.176515 10503 socket.hpp:107] Shutdown failed on fd=6:
Transport endpoint is not connected [107]

E0728 11:22:53.210146 10503 socket.hpp:107] Shutdown failed on fd=6:
Transport endpoint is not connected [107]

I have the following configs:

   - zookeeper configured to the mesos master
   - /etc/mesos/zk on all nodes pointing to mesos master ip.

I am not sure if I have to set the ip flag and where I have to set the --ip
flag?

Haripriya Ayyalasomayajula

Re: Problems connecting with Mesos Master

Posted by Ondrej Smola <on...@gmail.com>.
This means registration cannot be completed - usually caused by mesos
scheduler (on your slave) reporting wrong ip/hostname - you should see some
info in master UI on port 5050 - tab frameworks. Look at host your slave
reported on master UI slave tab.

Make sure you correcly setup files in step 3 in my previous answer and
restart mesos-slave.

Posted by Haripriya Ayyalasomayajula <ah...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Thank you! It works fine now! The problem was with my /etc/hosts file and
as you suggested it had problem with resolution of hostname. When I added
LIBPROCESS_IP in my spark_env.sh and also the SPARK_LOCAL_IP, re-configured
/etc/hosts file with correct set of ips, it works now!

Thanks a lot for the help!

Posted by Shafay Latif <sl...@apple.com>.

Posted by Haripriya Ayyalasomayajula <ah...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ondrej Smola <on...@gmail.com>.
Hi Haripiya,

Posted by Haripriya Ayyalasomayajula <ah...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.
can you paste the logs?

Posted by Haripriya Ayyalasomayajula <ah...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Haripriya Ayyalasomayajula <ah...@gmail.com>.
I am trying to do this

Posted by Tim Chen <ti...@mesosphere.io>.

Posted by Haripriya Ayyalasomayajula <ah...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Nikolaos Ballas neXus <ni...@nexusgroup.com>.

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.
did you set LIBPROCESS_IP env variable as the warning suggested?

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 11:16 AM, Haripriya Ayyalasomayajula <