Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by madppiper <pa...@mutschler.ch> on 2009/07/17 19:21:50 UTC

Brandsparadise.com - powered by Ofbiz!

Hi everybody,

with a tiny bit of pride, it is of my deepest pleasure to present to you
http://www.brandsparadise.com http://www.brandsparadise.com !

The last few months have been quite an experience to me and I wanted to say
thanks to all of you within this community. Our project is based upon the
ofbiz framework (though we had to modify alot of the source :( ) and so I
feel obliged to thank each and every one of you again for this marvelous
software.

I hope you folks will take a look at the application and present me with
lots of feedback.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Paul

Re: Brandsparadise.com - powered by Ofbiz!

Posted by Chirag Manocha <ch...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Nice Work Paul... !!
Congratulations.

Regards
--
Chirag Manocha
HotWax Media Pvt. Ltd.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Very good job, Paul.

Jacopo

Posted by madppiper <pa...@mutschler.ch>.
Absolutely -> already on it.

I'm glad you like it! There's definately room for improvement, but hey: I'm
satisfied with this first set-up.

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.

Posted by madppiper <pa...@mutschler.ch>.
Oh.... several!

As mentioned before, we couldn't keep the trunk afterall. Which is a bummer
and I will probably try to modify our software to cope with a more recent
trunk release (we ran into some heavy trouble ever since the huge revisions
in Februaray/March). But I fear that only few elements remained untouched...

On behalf of the polished look: thanks :)

Posted by madppiper <pa...@mutschler.ch>.
For the german speaking fellas among all of you:

http://www.internetworld.de/Nachrichten/E-Commerce/Fabrikverkauf-im-Internet-20271.html

^we just got the first clipping - OFBiz is mentioned as well :)

Posted by Dan Dodd <da...@ihop.org>.

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <vi...@gmail.com>.
Your first attempt looks nice.
Congrats Paul!

--
Ashish

Posted by madppiper <pa...@mutschler.ch>.
Well, somewhat, yes.

I used the trunk version February 18th, but I had to apply several hooks
from later revisions and apply some major changes on my own, so this is not
a trunk version anymore :(

But it is dynamic :)
Since Brandsparadise is a factory outlet center, we have to struggle with a
constant limited number of products. It may be that our stock contains only
1-3 items of any given product, so it is crucial to remove those items from
the list if they are not available. Same applies for categorical-filtering
and so on...