Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2016/07/19 12:07:25 UTC

Re: ombudsman@ (was Encouraging More Women to Participate on Apache Projects?)

On 10/06/2016 10:49, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 30/05/2016 19:55, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> On 30/05/2016 18:30, Ross Gardler wrote:
>>> Yes. Thanks to everyone working this out.
>>
>> Done. Thanks Marvin.
>>
>> The next step is to expand the list of contacts. The call for volunteers
>> was made on the private members@ mailing list so, in keeping with the
>> ASF policy of not copying information from a private list to a public
>> one, I won't list those volunteers here. What I will do is pass the list
>> to Ross for him to review. Once reviewed, I'll check with each of the
>> volunteers to make sure they are happy being listed as a PoC and, if
>> they are, get them added.
>>
>> It was suggested that each listed volunteer should include a link to a
>> picture and a brief bio. Any concerns or objections? If not, can I
>> suggest that the volunteers create
>> https://home.apache.org/~availid/coc.html and we link to that?
>
> Sorry for being slow on this. The monthly release cycle distracted me.
>
> I've put together a draft for my coc.html page:
> http://people.apache.org/~markt/coc.html
>
> The plan is to use this for my entry and as an example to the other CoC
> PoC volunteers. Feedback very much welcome.

I'm making progress on this slowly.

I received no feedback so I have added myself as a CoC contact using the
above draft. I'll contact the other volunteers next.

Mark

Re: ombudsman@ (was Encouraging More Women to Participate on Apache Projects?)

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.
On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 5:07 AM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 10/06/2016 10:49, Mark Thomas wrote:
>>>
>>> Done. Thanks Marvin.
>>>
>>> The next step is to expand the list of contacts. The call for volunteers
>>> was made on the private members@ mailing list so, in keeping with the
>>> ASF policy of not copying information from a private list to a public
>>> one, I won't list those volunteers here. What I will do is pass the list
>>> to Ross for him to review. Once reviewed, I'll check with each of the
>>> volunteers to make sure they are happy being listed as a PoC and, if
>>> they are, get them added.
>>>
>>> It was suggested that each listed volunteer should include a link to a
>>> picture and a brief bio. Any concerns or objections? If not, can I
>>> suggest that the volunteers create
>>> https://home.apache.org/~availid/coc.html and we link to that?
>>
>> Sorry for being slow on this. The monthly release cycle distracted me.
>>
>> I've put together a draft for my coc.html page:
>> http://people.apache.org/~markt/coc.html
>>
>> The plan is to use this for my entry and as an example to the other CoC
>> PoC volunteers. Feedback very much welcome.
>
> I'm making progress on this slowly.
>
> I received no feedback so I have added myself as a CoC contact using the
> above draft. I'll contact the other volunteers next.

+1

I took a look at your profile page and it looked good to me. Thanks
for volunteering!

Marvin Humphrey