Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net> on 2009/05/02 16:21:56 UTC

control file and users question

apache 2.
svn version 1.5.6 (r36142)
have installed a control file
I can put in
*=r
and see the projects from http://
and
Eclipse Plugin.
what I can't figure out is how to pass a userID and password using the Eclipse plugin, so I can  limit access by user.
any pointer would be appreciated.

Re: control file and users question

Posted by Andrey Repin <an...@freemail.ru>.
Greetings, BJ Freeman!

> everthing works from the svn side.
> in the cotrol file specified in the subversion.conf

> if have
> [/]
> [username]=rw

> what I am tyring to figure out is how, in eclipse plugin for svn to pass this username and password to the svn server.
> I get no dialog box in eclipse to put a user name and password.

> Just as a note
> I can
> [/]
> *=rw
> and eclipse plug in works

> again the problem is how to get the eclipse tigis svn plugin to pass a user name and pass work to the first case can be used.

Then you have other settings overriding your "[username]=rw" rule.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...

RE: Re: control file and users question

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I am still looking for how to get eclipse plug to allow me to put in a userID(username) and password that will match the userID in the control

[/]
username=rw

RE: Re: control file and users question

Posted by Bob Archer <Bo...@infor.com>.
> everthing works from the svn side.
> in the cotrol file specified in the subversion.conf
>
> if have
> [/]
> [username]=rw
>
> what I am tyring to figure out is how, in eclipse plugin for svn to pass
> this username and password to the svn server.
> I get no dialog box in eclipse to put a user name and password.
>
> Just as a note
> I can
> [/]
> *=rw
> and eclipse plug in works
>
> again the problem is how to get the eclipse tigis svn plugin to pass a
> user name and pass work to the first case can be used.

I think svn will only request credentials if they are required. If you turn of anon access it will always request a password. Of I think perhaps you can do something like:

[/]
*=
[username]=rw

Which is pretty much the same thing. But, with anon read access svn doesn't need credentials to just checkout or browse the repo.

BOb

RE: Re: control file and users question

Posted by Andrey Repin <an...@freemail.ru>.
Greetings, BJ Freeman!

> apache 2.
> svn version 1.5.6 (r36142)
> have installed a control file
> I can put in
> *=r
> and see the projects from http://
> and
> Eclipse Plugin.
> what I can't figure out is how to pass a userID and password using the Eclipse plugin, so I can  limit access by user.
> any pointer would be appreciated.

If authorisation is need for operation, SVN will ask you.
I think the same applies to any software built over it.
Just try and restrict access and see what your plugin would do in that case.