Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Tobias Bocanegra <tr...@bocanegra.ch> on 2016/02/12 19:55:33 UTC

[DISCUSS] Only allow `osx-package` in feature element

Hi,

with the upcoming release of OSX some of the plugins will also support OSX.
currently they are added via the `ios-package` in the plugin.xml (eg
[0]). the current parser in OSX allows both names, ios-package and
osx-package.

maybe we should be more strict and only allow osx-package [1] in order
to avoid confusion and potential conflicts.

I suggest:
- we allow both for now
- we change the plugins that currently support osx to use the
osx-package attribute name
- we remove the support for ios-package in the next, 4.1, release.

WDYT?
regards, toby

[0] https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-file/blob/master/plugin.xml#L256

RE: [DISCUSS] Only allow `osx-package` in feature element

Posted by "Mefire O." <om...@microsoft.com>.
+1 to using only 'osx-package' instead of both.
I also suggest that during the deprecation period, we issue a warning message letting plugin authors falling in this category know about the deprecation.

Thanks,
Mefire

This will require some plugins to be released as well I imagine.

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good to me!