Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Mark Wood <mw...@kanayo.com> on 2003/03/26 13:16:44 UTC

Http Session Question

I have a question about using the Slide Webdav Client libs and accessing
http session info.  Essentially what I would like to be able to do is
connect to my server (Tomcat 4.0.6) from a client application.  The
server contains a filter which intercepts any requests, checks that the
user is logged in and has appropriate permissions and then continues
with the request, passing it on to the standard Tomcat WebdavServlet.
 On the server-side, once the user logs in, the user info is added to
the session.  What I can't figure out is how to construct the request on
the client side to perform the login (a servlet url with some parameters
attached) and webDAV requests (get, lock, put, etc.) so that the user
info gets properly added to the session by the filter, and how to access
this user info in the session from the client.  Is this possible, and if
so, what methods are used?  I've searched through the mail archives and
seen some references to sessions and cookies, but so far have not had
any luck getting it to work.  Any help appreciated.

Mark Wood

Re: Http Session Question

Posted by Martin Dulisch <md...@s-und-n.de>.
Hi Mark,

hope I have understood your question. But you can add the user info to
the URL: http://user:pwd@host/foo

Martin