Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Rainer Menzner <rm...@L1id.com> on 2007/09/06 13:49:53 UTC

[Axis2-1.3] wsdl2java modifies / reformats my sources files

Hi,

I have a web service up and running under axis2-1.1.1. In order to
create the stubs and skeleton from the WSDL/Schema I use:

    call wsdl2java -uri %WSDLFILE% --package mydomain.queue --language
java --server-side --service-description --databinding-method adb
--generate-all --output .

from a shell script / WinXP. This worked fine with Axis2-1.1.1 and a
number of older versions.

After updating to Axis2-1.3, the new wsdl2java suddenly starts to edit
my sources files located in the package
mydomain.queue.implementation, that is below the stubs / skeleton. I
also did not believe it at first, but it *really is* wsdl2java (or a
part of it) that modifies the source files, at least this happens while
wsdl2java is running. Now I have two problem. Firstly the editing
operation that wsdl2java perfroms introduces some errors, and secondly I
would like to use my own formatting for argument list etc.

Can some give a hint to problem here?

Thanks in advance,
-Rainer

Re: [Axis2-1.3] wsdl2java modifies / reformats my sources files

Posted by Rainer Menzner <rm...@L1id.com>.
Sanka Samaranayke wrote:
> Rainer Menzner wrote:
>> ah, it is a feature...
>>
>> After removing the file everything works (renaming did not work BTW,
>> Java seems to inspect every file located in that directory).
>>
>> But shouldn't wsdl2java reformat only files it created previously? I
>> mean, reformatting the generated files is very appealing and it would
>> be a pity to miss this feature. Can't the jalopy be instructed to
>> reformat only certain files? And can this possibly be made
>> configurable through a wsdl2java command line option?
>
> Please log a JIRA for this feature
>
> Thanks,
> Sanka
did so, see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-3188.

Thanks,
-Rainer

>> Anyhow, thanks for your response,
>>
>> -Rainer
>>

>> Davanum Srinivas wrote:
>>> please remove jalopy jar from axis2 lib directory to avoid reformats.
>>>
>>> -- dims

*Dr. Rainer Menzner*
Principal Engineer, R&D

*L-1 Identity Solutions AG*
/Protecting and Securing Personal Identities and Assets/

Universitätsstr. 160
44801 Bochum, Germany
Telephone:  	+49-234-9787-41
Facsimile:  	+49-234-9787-77
Mobile:  	0160 / 700 99 07
email: 	rmenzner@L1id.com <ma...@L1id.com>

www.L1ID.com <http://www.l1id.com/>

This message is only for the use of the intended recipient and may
contain information that is CONFIDENTIAL and PROPRIETARY to L-1 Identity
Solutions. If you are not the intended recipient, please erase all
copies of the message and its attachments and notify the sender immediately.

VORSTAND / EXECUTIVE BOARD Hartmuth von Maltzahn (Vors. / Chairman), Dr.
Stefan Gehlen | AUFSICHTSRAT / SUPERVISORY BOARD James H. Moar (Vors. /
Chairman) | GERICHTSSTAND / REGISTER COURT Amtsgericht Bochum, HRB 69 54

Posted by Sanka Samaranayke <ss...@gmail.com>.
Rainer Menzner wrote:
> ah, it is a feature...
>
> After removing the file everything works (renaming did not work BTW,
> Java seems to inspect every file located in that directory).
>
> But shouldn't wsdl2java reformat only files it created previously? I
> mean, reformatting the generated files is very appealing and it would
> be a pity to miss this feature. Can't the jalopy be instructed to
> reformat only certain files? And can this possibly be made
> configurable through a wsdl2java command line option?

Please log a JIRA for this feature

Thanks,
Sanka

> Anyhow, thanks for your response,
>
> -Rainer
>

> Davanum Srinivas wrote:
>> please remove jalopy jar from axis2 lib directory to avoid reformats.
>>
>> -- dims
>>
>> On 9/6/07, Rainer Menzner <rm...@l1id.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a web service up and running under axis2-1.1.1. In order to
>>> create the stubs and skeleton from the WSDL/Schema I use:
>>>
>>>     call wsdl2java -uri %WSDLFILE% --package mydomain.queue --language
>>> java --server-side --service-description --databinding-method adb
>>> --generate-all --output .
>>>
>>> from a shell script / WinXP. This worked fine with Axis2-1.1.1 and a
>>> number of older versions.
>>>

>>> After updating to Axis2-1.3, the new wsdl2java suddenly starts to edit
>>> my sources files located in the package
>>> mydomain.queue.implementation, that is below the stubs / skeleton. I
>>> also did not believe it at first, but it *really is* wsdl2java (or a
>>> part of it) that modifies the source files, at least this happens while
>>> wsdl2java is running. Now I have two problem. Firstly the editing
>>> operation that wsdl2java perfroms introduces some errors, and
>>> secondly I
>>> would like to use my own formatting for argument list etc.
>>>
>>> Can some give a hint to problem here?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> -Rainer

Sanka Samaranayake
WSO2 Inc.

http://www.bloglines.com/blog/sanka
http://www.wso2.org/

[axis2] axis2 vs axis2/c

Posted by "Feldman, Marc" <ma...@digitalinsight.com>.
Hi,
Is there a mailing list dedicated to axis2/C?
Thanx,
M.

Re: [Axis2-1.3] wsdl2java modifies / reformats my sources files

Posted by Rainer Menzner <rm...@L1id.com>.
ah, it is a feature...

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.