Posted to commits@spamassassin.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2007/06/19 20:34:22 UTC

[Spamassassin Wiki] Update of "BecomingCommitter" by JustinMason

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Spamassassin Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by JustinMason:
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/BecomingCommitter

The comment on the change is:
add note about infra; modify invite text to be a bit more relaxed

  Upon a successful vote, send an invite to the person (text below).  If the invitation is accepted, grant the person's Bugzilla account with the 'EditBugs', 'HasCla', and 'Security' group permissions.  This is done by following the "Users" link in Bugzilla, specifying the account by email address, and then granting the permissions from there.

+ Then, ask infra to set up an apache.org account: http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#newcommitter
+
  == Invitation Text ==

  {{{
@@ -102, +104 @@

  On behalf of the Apache SpamAssassin Project, we are pleased to offer
  you SVN write access ("commit access") to the SpamAssassin project
  repositories.
-
- Please recognize that commit access does not preclude appropriate code
- review prior to committing code, based on the type of patch.  The trunk
- is usually in Commit-then-Review mode (except before release) and stable
- branches are generally in Review-then-Commit mode.  A formal review with
- three +1 votes on Bugzilla (which can include the author if the author
- is a committer) is required when in R-T-C mode prior to committing
- changes.  However, even when in C-T-R mode, significant patches should
- still be submitted to Bugzilla or discussed on the development list
- first.

  Please read these web pages for background on how Apache works and what
  being a committer means.
@@ -132, +124 @@

  include in your reply your preference of account name at apache.org,
  and your forwarding email address.

- Finally, please note that being given commit access is not the same as
- being elected a member of the ASF or being on the SpamAssassin Project
- Management Committee.  We've had some misunderstandings in the past on
- this so we point out the distinction up-front.
-
  Thanks for your sustained contributions to SpamAssassin!

  Regards,