Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Teena Kappen // BPRISE <te...@bprise.com> on 2018/07/10 07:20:05 UTC

Access the data in a stream after writing to a sink

Hi,

Is it possible to access the data in a stream that was written to a sink? I have a Cassandra Sink in my stream job and I have to access all the records that were written to the Cassandra sink and write it to another sink. Is there any way to do that?

Regards,
Teena

RE: Access the data in a stream after writing to a sink

Posted by Teena Kappen // BPRISE <te...@bprise.com>.
Yes.. a custom sink with the required checks seems to be the only option.

It seems that a sink can not output data into another sink. Maybe we can implement a combined user defined sink. In the combined sink, only write to the next sink if the first write is successful.

Adding to the previous question, is it possible to check if each record in a stream was written without any exceptions to a Cassandra Sink? I have to write the records to the next sink only if the first write is successful. So, replicating the streams before the write is not an option.

Posted by Hequn Cheng <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Teena,