Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/12 09:32:17 UTC

[VOTE] Ant 1.7.1 beta

Hi all,

I think it's time to go ahead and push out 1.7.1 for wider testing.

I really *don't* want to add any changes to code at the moment, but if
there are any documentation issues that someone notices I'm willing to
let them in on a case by case basis

Over to the vote:

Despite the strange bug Steve uncovered for networked drives on
Windows, Ant 1.7.1 is ready for beta:
Yes, I'll help (I need someone to sign with pgp) [ x ] (+1)
Yes, go ahead but I won't help [ ] (+0)
No, it's not ready [ ] (-1)

Thanks,
Kev

Re: [VOTE] Ant 1.7.1 beta

Posted by Martijn Kruithof <jk...@apache.org>.
+1

Martijn

Re: [VOTE] Ant 1.7.1 beta

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Kevin Jackson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I think it's time to go ahead and push out 1.7.1 for wider testing.
>
> I really *don't* want to add any changes to code at the moment, but if
> there are any documentation issues that someone notices I'm willing to
> let them in on a case by case basis
>
> Over to the vote:
>
> Despite the strange bug Steve uncovered for networked drives on
> Windows, Ant 1.7.1 is ready for beta:
> Yes, I'll help (I need someone to sign with pgp) [ x ] (+1)

+1. I dont know how to do the PGP signing, but I can learn with you

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/

Re: [VOTE] Ant 1.7.1 beta

Posted by Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

>  so what?
>
>  If I signed it, then a few signatures would be on my key but for the
>  majority of users there wouldn't be a trust path from them to my key.
>
>  It is better to have signatures on your key, that's sure (and that is
>  something we can get arranged even without meeting F2F), but it is not
>  a requirement for signing a release.

My mistake I was under the impression that only people with a
counter-signed key could push releases - now I know that's not the
case :)

Thanks,
Kev

Re: [VOTE] Ant 1.7.1 beta

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 13 Mar 2008, Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>>  Any reason why you can't create a key for yourself?
>
> My key isn't counter-signed so anything I sign will be 'untrusted'
> :(

so what?

If I signed it, then a few signatures would be on my key but for the
majority of users there wouldn't be a trust path from them to my key.

It is better to have signatures on your key, that's sure (and that is
something we can get arranged even without meeting F2F), but it is not
a requirement for signing a release.

Stefan

Re: [VOTE] Ant 1.7.1 beta

Posted by Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: [VOTE] Ant 1.7.1 beta

Posted by Peter Reilly <pe...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 5:09 PM, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Mar 2008, Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  > I think it's time to go ahead and push out 1.7.1 for wider testing.
>
>  good.
>
>  > Over to the vote:
>
>  That's not how this works.  You create the tasballs (and zips) and we
>  vote on them.

Yep, we need the tarballs.

Peter

Re: [VOTE] Ant 1.7.1 beta