Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Michael Oliver <ol...@alariussystems.com> on 2005/09/05 15:50:42 UTC

Running Derby as a Service

I did not find instructions in the guides about running Derby as a service.
I can run the StartNetworkServer.bat file and I can put a shortcut to that
batch file in the Startup directory...but I would prefer to run it as a
service.

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Mike Oliver

RE: Running Derby as a Service

Posted by VOGELLA <La...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

the installation of Derby as a Windows service is described here:
http://www.vogella.de/articles/ApacheDerby/article.html#service

Best regards, Lars

Re: Running Derby as a Service

Posted by "Michael J. Segel" <ms...@segel.com>.
On Tuesday 06 September 2005 09:17, Michael Oliver wrote:

> Michael Oliver wrote:
> >I did not find instructions in the guides about running Derby as a
> > service. I can run the StartNetworkServer.bat file and I can put a
> > shortcut to that batch file in the Startup directory...but I would prefer
> > to run it as a service.
> >
> >Any guidance will be appreciated.
> >
> >Mike Oliver
Switch to Linux or Unix?
Unless you can redirect standard err and standard out to a file in windows...
That would solve your problems....

--
Michael Segel
Principal

RE: Running Derby as a Service

Posted by Michael Oliver <ol...@alariussystems.com>.
Thanks I will try that too.

Does anyone know any potential pitfalls from using srvany.exe to run the
startNetworkServer.bat (with some small changes to CD to the DERBY_INSTALL,
etc.?

Michael Oliver
CTO
Alarius Systems LLC