Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Kaviarasi G <ka...@oracle.com> on 2021/08/03 10:51:37 UTC

Apache commons daemon prunsrv unable to start

Hi All,

When we try to install a service using prunsrv 1.2, it fails with error Application popup: prunsrv.exe - Application Error : The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.

But the same command for installing service works with prunsrv version 1.1.

We are registering the service using below command:
"%OH%\bin\prunsrv" //IS//Agent --DisplayName="AV Agent" ^
    --ServiceUser=LocalSystem ^
    --Install="%OH%\bin\prunsrv.exe" ^
    --Jvm=auto ^
    --StartMode=jvm ^
    --StartClass=<start class> ^
    --Startup=auto ^
    --StartParams=START ^
    ++StartParams=-l ^
    ++StartParams=%darg%  ^
    --StopMode=jvm ^
    --StopClass=<stop class> ^
    --StopParams=STOP ^
    ++StopParams=-l ^
    ++StopParams=%darg%  ^
    --LibraryPath="%PATH%" ^
    --LogPath="%OH%\av\log" ^
    --LogPrefix=av.agent.prunsvr ^
    --StdOutput=auto --StdError=auto ^
    --Classpath="%AGENTCLASSPATH%" ^
    --JvmOptions=-DAGENT_HOME="%OH%";-DAGENT_PLATFORM=%OSPLATFORM%;!JVMOPTIONS!

Thanks,
Kavi

RE: Apache commons daemon prunsrv unable to start

Posted by Rod Widdowson <rd...@steadingsoftware.com>.
Are you trying to run an x64 image on an x86 machine (or may be AMD)?