Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Pradeep Ramadasan <pr...@ey.com> on 2020/05/04 13:54:04 UTC

Querying MongoDB

Hi ,

I connected to a MongoDB on my local and configured the datasource using Drill UI. I have been having trouble seeing the collections in that DB? Are there any recent posts that can show me how to fix this issue?

Regards,
Pradeep

Any tax advice in this e-mail should be considered in the context of the tax services we are providing to you. Preliminary tax advice should not be relied upon and may be insufficient for penalty protection.
The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

Notice required by law: This e-mail may constitute an advertisement or solicitation under U.S. law, if its primary purpose is to advertise or promote a commercial product or service. You may choose not to receive advertising and promotional messages from Ernst & Young LLP (except for EY Client Portal and the ey.com website, which track e-mail preferences through a separate process) at this e-mail address by forwarding this message to no-more-mail@ey.com. If you do so, the sender of this message will be notified promptly. Our principal postal address is 5 Times Square, New York, NY 10036. Thank you. Ernst & Young LLP

Re: Querying MongoDB

Posted by Rafael Jaimes III <ra...@gmail.com>.
Pradeep,

This may just be an artifact of how my MongoDB was setup, but I found
that I must connect using the admin user/pass for Drill querying to
work. Sometimes the syntax in the Drill query using the backticks to
get the storage and collections path is tricky. It may be helpful to
connect using SQLine first to look at the schema and tables.

Please post the contents after your FROM statement. It should look
something like this: `storage.schema`.`collection` where collection is
the table, according to Drill. Also post along the name of your
storage plugin (you named it when enabling the mongo storage plugin)
and the name of your collection.