Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2009/09/24 07:01:33 UTC

OFBiz site as an application

Hi,

I will soon remove this application if nobody sees a problem with that. It's totally deprecated now and anyway, even if we update it, we will have to update in the future, etc.

Jacques

Re: OFBiz site as an application

Posted by André Herbst <ah...@softmatic.dk>.
Seems like a good idéa to me, as it really doesn't fit in anyway compared to
the other applications in the menu.

-André

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
Hi Ean..

we already have our own machine....
http://ofbiz-vm.apache.org/ecommerce/

now we have to find the time to move things over.

at the moment i see 500K of memory what is not enough to run all
instances....

but sure it is a start.

Regarding your question...no, we cannot move the ofbiz.apache.org to
this instance...not sure why not...so it is still up the air if we can
achieve this....

Regards,
Hans

--
Antwebsystems.com: Quality OFBiz services for competitive rates

Re: OFBiz site as an application

Posted by Ean Schuessler <ea...@brainfood.com>.
Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>> 4 eat our own dogfood.
I thought the headache here was that ASF will not let us have our own
machine? I probably missed something.

--
Ean Schuessler, CTO
ean@brainfood.com

Re: OFBiz site as an application

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
+1

On Tue, 2010-04-27 at 09:23 +0200, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> Back on this,
>
> Should we not be realistic and for marketing purpose simply have the home page translated (and possibly shown accordingly to
> language used)?
> It it really a big deal for our users?
>
> Thanks for your opinions (if any ;o)
>
> Jacques
>
> From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>
> > BTW, it would be a very good mean to have all languages in svn repo!
> >
> > Jacques
> >
> > From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>
> >> Hans,
> >>
> >> Inline...
> >>
> >> From: "Hans Bakker" <ma...@antwebsystems.com>

> >> If you use https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/site it's as easy as having it embedded.

> >> Yes, I agree that would be a plus if done right (ie easily customisable, not only an inner HTML content)

> >> Mmm, should be...

> >> +1

> >> Indeed, that's solid arguments! Let's see what other thinks...
> >>
> >> Jacques

--
Ofbiz on twitter: http://twitter.com/apache_ofbiz
Myself on twitter: http://twitter.com/hansbak

Re: OFBiz site as an application

Posted by Ean Schuessler <ea...@brainfood.com>.

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hans,

Inline...

From: "Hans Bakker" <ma...@antwebsystems.com>
> Hi Jacques.
>
> there are several reasons why i think it should be part of the
> distribution:
>
> 1. It would be maintained much better because it is the same as changing
> a program.

If you use https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/site it's as easy as having it embedded.

> 2. the ofbiz site should replace the cmssite and then have a perfect
> demo of OFBiz CMS capabilities.

Yes, I agree that would be a plus if done right (ie easily customisable, not only an inner HTML content)

> 3. concerning the demo site, i think that should be as reliable as the
> website....

Mmm, should be...

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>
Hi,