Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2006/06/28 10:21:51 UTC

Crypto Issues BOF 9pm Thursday Leinster room

Please note the Crypto/Export BOF at 9pm Thursday evening in the Leinster
room, Dublin.  cliffs will be on hand to explain (and we can verify the
details of) the BIS notification process and the way the export rules
apply to open source communities.

I'm hoping we resolve all issues around correctly notifying BIS on the new
APR ssl socket work by David, and issues related to shipping binaries that
contain openssl, apr, and mod_ssl.

Once the final http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html policy emerges, there
should be no further obstacles to finally resolving this decade old issue
at the httpd project.

And also note that Cliff's spent quite a bit of time talking to the right
people about the nature of the ASF and its works, and has some fascinating
things to share with folks who show up.

Bill

Re: Crypto Issues BOF 9pm Thursday Leinster room

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Timothy Kimball wrote:
> Any way we can get meeting minutes for us not so fortunate as to live in
> Dublin :) ?

Tim,

Cliff is preparing a Q&A based on his own questions and many of those that
came up during the BOF, for all to review.  When this becomes available, it
will be widely announced (and probably a link to it will be created at the
foundation-wide http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html page.

Posted by Timothy Kimball <ti...@gmail.com>.
Any way we can get meeting minutes for us not so fortunate as to live in
Dublin :) ?

Thanks,
Tim