Posted to cli-users@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2005/08/26 18:26:57 UTC

Re: [cli-users] ASP.NET Version Mismatch Error

Allen Mayes wrote:
> I am reporting the same error as posted by Bostjan Orter, back on 22 Jul
> 2005.
> ASP.NET Version Mismatch Error "Visual Studio .NET has detected that web
> server is running ASP.NET version 1.0.

It might be using 1.0 of the .NET framework.  The current snapshot, soon
to be revisited as a new build, supports ASPNETVer directive.  (The next
release may possibly be the 'final' VS .NET build since I'm working on
the C++ changes to build under VS 2005, and accepting all offers of help.)

Find the current snapshot at

   http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/

Any dev/user comments on bug fixes or prospective patches for the 2.0.2
release should be called out on this list in the next few days, so that
we can prepare to start applying, testing a fresh snapshot, and release.

> The error manifests whether trying to open a project or create a new
> project.

> HTML pages appear to work, for the limited functionality I used to test the
> server before trying to use VS 2003 (i.e. links and simple html elements>.

> I'm thinking this problem should be escalated to BUG status.

Well, Microsoft does it's own thing(s), e.g. the DEBUG method, etc,
which we've never attempted to support; so afaict, this would not be
a bug, but an enhancement to support Microsoft's Visual tools.  In fact
mod_aspdotnet was originally concieved only to serve ASP content, not
act as the 'development server' to the 'visual studio client'.  But...

> Can any one offer help?

Please discuss, if anyone wants to identify the config or the
enhancements necessary (without violating any MS IP claims, please)
then we would be happy to look at incorporating them.

Bill