Posted to dev@sis.apache.org by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com> on 2022/05/12 16:45:19 UTC

[VOTE] Apache SIS 1.2 RC1

Hello all

I would like to call for a vote on the following Apache SIS 1.2 release
candidate (RC) artifacts:

Change log/release notes:
https://sis.staged.apache.org/release-notes/1.2.html

All Release Artifacts:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/sis/1.2/RC1/

PGP release keys (signed using GnuPG):
https://downloads.apache.org/sis/KEYS

Maven staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesis-1037/

Web site https://sis.staged.apache.org/ except for Javadoc which will be
updated the release day. The developer guide is also a work in progress
not yet updated.

Please verify the artifacts and vote. The vote will be open until
Wednesday 18 (next week). Closing date may be changed to a later day if
testers need more time.

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

If any blocking issue is identified, new staging repositories with a
second release candidate(RC2) will be prepared.

     Martin

Re: [VOTE] Apache SIS 1.2 RC1

Posted by Thierry Danard <th...@int.com.INVALID>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Apache SIS 1.2 RC1

Posted by Adam Estrada <es...@gmail.com>.
+1

Sent from my iPhone

Re: [VOTE] Apache SIS 1.2 RC1

Posted by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com>.
Thanks all for your votes! I also vote +1. So we have 8 positive votes
(Adam, Thierry, Bruno, Alexis, Werner, Michael, Johann, Martin). I will
do the deployment shortly, then wait until tomorrow for publishing the
web site (for giving time for mirrors to be updated). I will send the
announcement tomorrow evening.

     Martin

Re: [VOTE] Apache SIS 1.2 RC1

Posted by Michael Arneson <mi...@geotoolkit.net.INVALID>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Apache SIS 1.2 RC1

Posted by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com>.
Hello Werner

Re: [VOTE] Apache SIS 1.2 RC1

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
+1

Not sure if I have a binding vote, but anyway

Werner

On Fri, May 13, 2022 at 12:26 PM Martin Desruisseaux <

Re: [VOTE] Apache SIS 1.2 RC1

Posted by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com>.
Thanks all for the tests.

Re: [VOTE] Apache SIS 1.2 RC1

Posted by Alexis Manin <al...@gmail.com>.
 [x] +1  approve

I've browsed API documentation, it looks good. I've checked binaries
bundle, looks good. I'm only wondering about jakarta binaries
(jakarta.activation and jakarta.xml.bind-api). Should we not include a copy
of the Eclipse license somewhere ?

I've not done much test with sis and sisfx commands though, because
sis-epsg-1.2 jar is not yet deployed to the official location (i.e
https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/sis/non-free/sis-epsg/1.2/sis-epsg-1.2.jar”),
which limit test possibilities.

Thanks for the effort put to create the release,

Re: [VOTE] Apache SIS 1.2 RC1

Posted by Bruno Kinoshita <ki...@apache.org>.
 [x] +1  approve

Re: [VOTE] Apache SIS 1.2 RC1

Posted by Johann Sorel <jo...@geomatys.com>.
+1

Side note : would be nice at some point to have a 'JVM-bundle' version
of the javafx tool, with jlink at first (before testing graalvm
native-image), this way those who try SIS won't have to install
anything. But, yeah, martin already mentioned it, after SIS update for
java modules.

Johann Sorel