Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Daniel Murley <dm...@xbiosystems.com> on 2007/03/21 02:45:46 UTC

Hibernate, Transactions, OSGI...

Hi All,

I'm looking for information around Hibernate and Transaction Managers in
OSGI environments.  Has anyone tried this before, or know of any resources
that may be helpful to look at?  Anything regarding cross bundle
transactions would also be very helpful.

Cheers,

Daniel

Re: Hibernate, Transactions, OSGI...

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <st...@jayway.net>.
Hi Daniel,

This topic has recently come up on the Spring-OSGi mailing list
spring-osgi@googlegroups.com - the main issue is whether the
transaction context is properly preserved in the thread context.

( see Spring-OSGi group at http://groups.google.com/group/spring-osgi )

Another thing to look out for is whether your persistence code
uses proxies or aop / weaving, because of the different class

There should be no 'remote / asynchronous' issues because
the OSGi application still runs inside a single JVM process.

Cheers, Stuart