Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/26 17:47:50 UTC

[imaging] Java 8

Hi All,

I propose we make [imaging] currently 1.0-SNAPSHOT, based on Java 8. I am
hoping we can use Java 8's AutoCloseable to make clean up more bullet-proof.

Gary

Re: [imaging] Java 8

Posted by "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <ki...@apache.org>.
 So if there are no objections here, the 1.0 RC3 will include Java8 - even if others missed this thread, I will make sure to mention it in the RC3 vote that this is happening, so others can comment if they prefer to keep Java7.
Thanks Gary!
Bruno

    On Wednesday, 27 March 2019, 7:32:38 am NZDT, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:

 On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 2:29 PM Bruno P. Kinoshita <ki...@apache.org> wrote:

> +1
>
> Good idea. I think it should be fine as there are other breaking changes
> in sanselan -> imaging.
>
> We loop over data all time in imaging too, some streams/collectors/etc
> could make the code more readable. And later maybe make some of the utility
> code more functional to be passed around instead of only static methods.
>
> When are you planning to work on this? I'm looking for a spare weekend to
> prepare 1.0 rc3 vote.

I'd like to work on it here and there. I do not have a timeline.

Gary

Re: [imaging] Java 8

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Re: [imaging] Java 8