Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Isha Lamboo <is...@virtualsciences.nl> on 2021/07/08 19:44:45 UTC

Suggestion for System administrator's guide Re: open files limit

Hi,

I have found that the recommended steps for raising the open files limit is ineffective when Nifi is installed as a systemd-based service.
The reason is that the mentioned files only apply to users logged in through PAM, not system services, as  documented in the limits.conf.
In our environment, the relevant comments had been overwritten by management scripts, causing a lot of confusion and crashing NiFi clusters.

Since systemd-based OSes are quite common, I would suggest adding a paragraph describing this.

When running NiFi as a Systemd service, the following lines should be added to /etc/systemd/system/nifi.service

[Service]
LimitNOFILE=50000
LimitNPROC=10000

I hope this meets the bar for inclusion. If you need more information or I can contribute this in a different way, please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Isha Lamboo
Data Engineer
+31 (0)6 20 50 15 91