Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by allasso <al...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/03 21:52:15 UTC

recommendation for deprecated StandardTokenizer.next() method?

Hello,

Does anyone have a recommendation for implementing the function previously
done by the deprecated StandardTokenizer.next() method?

and/or, can anyone point me to where I might find the reason it was
deprecated?

Thanks, Allasso

Re: recommendation for deprecated StandardTokenizer.next() method?

Posted by allasso <al...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, friend,

that's the ticket.

this page was very helpful too...

http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_9_0/api/all/org/apache/lucene/analysis/package-summary.html

Posted by Adriano Crestani <ad...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

It's because a new TokenStream API has been introduced after version 2.9, so
you should change your code to use the new API too.

Please, take a look at TokenStream javadoc, it has a short description about
how the new API works:
http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_9_0/api/all/org/apache/lucene/analysis/TokenStream.html

Regards,
Adriano Crestani

Posted by Itamar Syn-Hershko <it...@code972.com>.
That would be next(Token) I believe. The reason it was deprecated afaik was
to force a reuse of the Token object, to gain more performance.

Itamar.