Posted to user@tika.apache.org by Zabrane Mickael <za...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/17 13:39:50 UTC

TikaApp "-s" option

Hi guys,

Could someone please explain me the "-s | --server" option and how
to use it ?

$ java -jar tika-app.jar -s
Exception in thread "main" java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: -s
	at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:567)
	at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:464)
	at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:413)
	at org.apache.tika.cli.TikaCLI.process(TikaCLI.java:298)
	at org.apache.tika.cli.TikaCLI.main(TikaCLI.java:91)

Regards
Zab

Re: TikaApp "-s" option

Posted by Dave Meikle <lo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Zabrane,

On Thursday, 17 March 2011, Zabrane Mickael <za...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Could someone please explain me the "-s | --server" option and how
> to use it?

This option is part of the Tika Network Server functionality being
implemented as part of TIKA-593[1].  At present the -server command
does not do anything in the code, with the -p or -port activating a
socket server at the moment.

The feature is currently being revisited with a JAX-RS server, so
check out the ticket for more details if this interests you.

Regards,
Dave

[1] https://issues.apache.org/Jura/browse/TIKA-593