Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/27 00:39:46 UTC

Checkstyle configLocation ignored?

Sometime, a while ago, we started getting a large number of violations
which looked like the config/sun_checks.xml was being used instead of
our own checks style.
I've been ignoring it for too long now and finally had some time to investigate.

Someone else has noticed the problem:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8975096/maven-checkstyle-configlocation-ignored

But there is nothing in Jira.

I suspect it has to do with a change in site to move to
checkstyle:checkstyle-aggregate.

When looking at the docs
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/checkstyle-aggregate-mojo.html
I also noticed that this plugin doesn't have packageNamesLocation like
checkstyle:checkstyle does. Our build used this value, but maybe its
not needed anymore as the checkstyle site report works as expected,
once I use the property checkstyle.config.location to set the value.

Has anyone else seen this problem?