Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by 38797715 <38...@qq.com> on 2021/05/10 08:28:27 UTC

Data synchronization after node restart

Hi team,

If persistence is enabled and the number of backups is 1.

At this time, if a node fails, and the data writing is still normal.

If the previously failed node restarts, it joins the cluster again.

So is this restored node synchronizing all data from other nodes or only
the differential data during failure?

Re: Data synchronization after node restart

Posted by akorensh <al...@gmail.com>.
The case you are referring to is a baseline node being offline for a period
of time.
Like I mentioned before, once this node comes back online it will undergo
historical rebalancing to
catch on data it missed.

like you said, idle_verify is a tool used to determine if there are
inconsistencies between backup and primary, but is not related to the use
case presented. See:
https://ignite.apache.org/docs/latest/tools/control-script#cluster-should-be-idle-during-idle_verify-check

Each node writes to the WAL on its own in order to prevent loss of data.
https://ignite.apache.org/docs/latest/persistence/native-persistence.html#checkpointing

During the aforementioned historical rebalancing process, the WAL is being
used to determine  the delta between the data the previously offline node
has and what it needs to have.
https://www.gridgain.com/docs/latest/developers-guide/historical-rebalancing

from the doc:
   Historical rebalancing relies on the history of updates stored in the
write-ahead-log files (WALs) of cluster nodes. The WALs' history must keep
updates of all the partitions which deltas need to be rebalanced to a
restarted node.

Re: Data synchronization after node restart

Posted by 38797715 <38...@qq.com>.
Hello,

We know that the control script has an idle_verify command can be used
to verify the potential inconsistency between the primary and backup.
Well, since there are WAL and WAL archives, they can be used for
historical data balancing. So why can't WAL ensure the consistency
between the primary and the backup? Does the backup update also need to
write the WAL file?

在 2021/5/10 下午9:57, akorensh 写道: