Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Noam Paz <no...@db.com> on 2007/03/20 15:34:51 UTC

Workaround (Selecting & pasting text in header & cookie manager)

Shayne,
I'm not sure what the problem is, but as a workaround you have always the possibility to update the test plan file (.jmx) using a text editor.

Best regards

Noam Paz

             saephraim@micron.com

             20.03.2007 15:11                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              To
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       <jm...@jakarta.apache.org>
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           cc
                                                                                                                                                                                                     Please respond to
                                                                                                                                                                                   "JMeter Users List" <jm...@jakarta.apache.org>                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Subject
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Selecting & pasting text in header & cookie manager

We are looking at using Jmeter for load testing in our environment and
it looks good.  The issue that I have not been able to resolve is
selecting and pasting text in the header manager and cookie manager.
The header manager for example, when go to add a new header value I can
select the text boxes for name and value (dotted outline around box) and
then type text.  I can't, however, select that text, move the cursor
(actually a cursor never appears), or paste text into these text boxes.
I have searched for an answer, but have not found anything helpful as of
yet.  Any ideas on how to get around this?

Jmeter:            v2.2
Java:                    v1.6.0

Thx,
Shayne

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.

Re: Workaround (Selecting & pasting text in header & cookie manager)

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
OK, thanks.

Obviously we want to ensure that JMeter will work on Java 1.5/1.6 etc
at least as well as on 1.4 - but we don't yet know what is involved in
fixing it. It may well be fairly simple - but finding the simple
solution may not be, so it's good that you can install 1.4.

S.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Or of course using Java 1.4 ...

Posted by sa...@micron.com.