Posted to dev@hop.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2022/04/08 10:39:40 UTC

[ApacheCon] Please submit your proposals for the ApacheCon NA 2022 in NewOrleans (And some news on TAC)

Hi all,

being the Track Chair for the IoT Track this year, I was just going through the proposals that have been submitted so-far.

The reason is, that I wanted to get an idea of the story we want to tell with the track.
Unfortunately, there's close to nothing available yet.

I would strongly like to encourage you to submit some cool and interesting talks for the projects you're working on.
https://www.apachecon.com/acna2022/cfp.html

And you don't need to wait till the last minute to publish your proposal, just to be able to fine tune it. You can always edit or even withdraw your submissions right till the closing date of the CFP.

You would do me and others a huge favor if you submitted a skeleton of what you're thinking of submitting and fine-tune it as the closing date comes nearer. This way I know what's going to come and not have to work with what's submitted in a huge chunk hours before the CFP closes. Then we have no chance of fine tuning and aligning stuff.

And for those of you who are at least Apache committers: I have good news for you. Apache TAC has received a big additional budget this year for enabling committers to come to events they couldn't afford going to. In contrast to the usual TAC process, Committers won't be doing TAC-duties (if they want to, of course they can), if selected, Apache will pay for travel, accommodation and the conference-fees (if applicable). So, with this we'll be able to bring in a lot more people than usually.
https://tac-apply.apache.org/

I'm so looking forward to meeting a lot of you folks in New Orleans.

Please, please submit your drafts (or the final versions) asap ;-)

Chris

PS: Please forward this to people you think should also read it ;-)

Re: [ApacheCon] Please submit your proposals for the ApacheCon NA 2022 in NewOrleans (And some news on TAC)

Posted by Philipp Zehnder <ze...@apache.org>.
Hi Dominik,

I like the idea of such a talk. I'd be happy to help you prepare it.
Are there any other ideas for possible talks?

Philipp

Am 27.04.22, 13:50 schrieb "Dominik Riemer" <ri...@apache.org>:

    Hi everyone,

    is anyone considering to submit a talk for ApacheCon?
    I' personally like to submit something related to the newest features around the data explorer, and roadmap.

    Dominik

Posted by Dominik Riemer <ri...@apache.org>.
Hi everyone,