Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Maarten <gm...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/02 17:45:11 UTC

XML Catalogs command line option for samples xni.Counter and sax.Counter

Hi everyone,

I've written a small patch for the xni.Counter and sax.Counter
samples. It makes it possible to specify a list of XML Catalogs on the
command line when running these samples.

I'm wondering how to submit this patch. Should I submit it on JIRA?
The FAQ mentions that only for bug reports, but this is not a bug
report.

Greetings,
Maarten van Schouwen

Re: XML Catalogs command line option for samples xni.Counter and sax.Counter

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Maarten,

Maarten <gm...@gmail.com> wrote on 08/02/2005 11:45:11 AM:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I've written a small patch for the xni.Counter and sax.Counter
> samples. It makes it possible to specify a list of XML Catalogs on the
> command line when running these samples.

This sounds like a useful addition to the samples.

> I'm wondering how to submit this patch. Should I submit it on JIRA?
> The FAQ mentions that only for bug reports, but this is not a bug
> report.

JIRA is the right place. When you create the new JIRA issue, instead of
opening a bug report you'd select "Improvement" as the issue type. Since
this is an enhancement, if you haven't already done so, you should
probably have a read over the contributors section [1] of the Xerces
charter before posting the patch.

> Greetings,
> Maarten van Schouwen

Thanks.