Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Jens Geyer <je...@hotmail.com> on 2017/01/04 18:52:42 UTC

Travis failing

Hi,

I noticed there are two builds that fail for some time now on Travis. And
AppVeyor faces a simular problem, it complains about a missing
"apache-ant-%ANT_VERSION%-bin.zip". Could someone who knows more about the
AppVeyor/Travis stuff than I do take a look so we get green builds again?

That would be truly awesome.

--- TRAVIS --------------------------
dpkg-buildpackage -tc -us -uc
dpkg-buildpackage: source package thrift
dpkg-buildpackage: source version 1.0.0-dev
dpkg-buildpackage: source distribution stable
dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by Roger Meier <ro...@apache.org>
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture amd64
dpkg-source --before-build src
dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies: ruby-bundler
dpkg-buildpackage: warning: build dependencies/conflicts unsatisfied;
aborting
dpkg-buildpackage: warning: (Use -d flag to override.)

The command "docker run --net=host -e BUILD_LIBS="$BUILD_LIBS" $BUILD_ENV -v
$(pwd):/thrift/src -it thrift-build:$DISTRO build/docker/scripts/$SCRIPT
$BUILD_ARG" exited with 3.

--- APPVEYOR ---------------------------
[00:01:34] appveyor DownloadFile
http://www.us.apache.org/dist/ant/binaries/apache-ant-%ANT_VERSION%-bin.zip
[00:01:34] Error downloading remote file: One or more errors occurred.
[00:01:34] Inner Exception: Remote server returned 404: Not Found
[00:01:34] Command exited with code 2

Have fun,
JensG

Re: Travis failing

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.
Hey Jens
appveyor.yml has ANT_VERSION pinned at 1.9.7 but that version is no longer
available from the dist location its trying to download from. Changing it
to 1.9.8 will fix the issue or we could change the download url to be the
archive link at
http://archive.apache.org/dist/ant/binaries/apache-ant-%ANT_VERSION%-bin.zip

-Jake

Re: Travis failing (again)

Posted by Jens Geyer <je...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

I tried to wrap my head around it but to no avail.

Step 24 : RUN curl -sSL https://www.npmjs.com/install.sh | sh
---> Running in 0edf1ca023e7
tar=/bin/tar
version:
tar (GNU tar) 1.27.1
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.

Written by John Gilmore and Jay Fenlason.
install npm@latest
fetching: https://registry.npmjs.org/npm/-/npm-4.6.1.tgz
npm ERR! Object function (err) {
npm ERR!         if (err) return cb(err)
npm ERR!         fs.fsync(fd, function (err) {
npm ERR!           if (err) return cb(err)
npm ERR!           fs.close(fd, cb)
npm ERR!         })
npm ERR!       } has no method 'toLowerCase'
It failed
The command '/bin/sh -c curl -sSL https://www.npmjs.com/install.sh | sh'
returned a non-zero code: 1
/home/travis/.travis/job_stages: line 155:  1053 Terminated
travis_jigger $! $timeout $cmd

To me it looks like an issue with the npmjs install script, possibly related
to the following commit, but I'm not sure enough to file an issue:

https://github.com/npm/npm/commit/afa7c0364ee5c819f4095f478580e6c2f55348ab#diff-36018a6a9e1de1798516799b84841318

Thoughs anyone?

Have fun,
JensG

RE: Travis failing

Posted by Jim King <Ji...@simplivity.com>.
Waiting for PR to pass:

https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/1151

Assuming it does I will merge it into mainline.

- Jim

I can make the change to 1.9.8 in the AppVeyor configuration file; is there a Jira ticket for the failure so I can reference it in the pull request?

[...]

PRIVACY STATEMENT:
This message is a PRIVATE communication.  This message and all attachments are a private communication sent by SimpliVity and are considered to be confidential or protected by privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the information contained in or attached to this message is strictly prohibited.  Please notify the sender of the delivery error by replying to this message, and then delete it from your system.

Re: Travis failing

Posted by Jens Geyer <je...@hotmail.com>.

RE: Travis failing