Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Denise Mangano <De...@complusdata.com> on 2003/10/07 18:23:55 UTC

Making a URL connection to my domain

Hi all,

I'm not really sure if this is an Tomcat issue - but I'm posting this
question to lists for all s/w involved (RH Linux 7.3, Apache 1.3.28,
Tomcat 4.1, Java)....

I have my apache server running on my linux box, and it is serving up
web pages no problem. My JSP pages use a bean, which attempts to make a
URL connection to a script on my server
(www.mywebsite.com/cgi-bin/script). When I run the program and attempt
to make this connection from any other workstation I get a response.
However, when I run the program from the server itself and attempt to
make the connection to the domain name, the program hangs on
getOutputStream().

Is there anything in Tomcat that would keep my web server from going out
to the internet, only to come back in and make a request? Please let me
know if I need to explain further.

Thanks.

Denise