Posted to users@flex.apache.org by gpi <gr...@inosa.no> on 2014/05/15 09:48:06 UTC

Flex SDK 4.12.1 only for Flash Player 13 ?

Hallo,
last week I upgrade my Apache Flex SDK from 4.12 to 4.12.1. After this I
noticed that I can select only  Flash Player 13 as a target player (before I
have selected  FP 12).

It does mean that my application compiled with SDK 4.12.1 can only running
on Flash Player 13 ?

Re: Flex SDK 4.12.1 only for Flash Player 13 ?

Posted by Alexander Doroshko <al...@jetbrains.com>.
That's a matter of IntelliJ IDEA configuration. Grzegorz also contacted
JetBrains support and here's an answer that helped:

To have target Flash Player XX.X available in IntelliJ IDEA project
configuration you need to either select XX.X player in the Apache Flex
SDK Installer or after the SDK installation manually download required
playerglobal.swc [1] and place it in the folder [Flex
SDK]/libs/player/XX.X. The name of the file MUST BE playerglobal.swc.

In the latter case, to make sure that added SWC is found by the IDE you
need to delete Flex SDK and add it again in Project Structure | SDKs.

[1]
http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html#playerglobal

Posted by gpi <gr...@inosa.no>.
I think this is matter of IDE configuration. Here is information about Flash
Player Version supported: https://github.com/apache/flex-sdk

RE: Flex SDK 4.12.1 only for Flash Player 13 ?

Posted by gpi <gr...@inosa.no>.
My IDE for Flex is IntelliJ Idea 13. When I had registered  SDK 4.12 there
was only Flash Player 12 option on the list "Target player". After upgrade
to SDK 4.12.1 on this list is only Flash Player 13. However when I compile
appliocation and run at FP12, everything works fine.

RE: Flex SDK 4.12.1 only for Flash Player 13 ?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
What dialog box is affected?  The default for 4.12.1 is to use FP 13.  But you should be able to change that.

-Alex