Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Carlos Torres <ct...@mcn.com.br> on 2004/11/17 00:45:32 UTC

JetSpeed and TOMCAT

Hello people,

I'm using jetspeed running in tomcat on windows platform. When I execute in my desktop, using the startup.bat and shudown.bat commands, to start and stop the tomcat server no problem. But, when i start and stop the tomcat as a windows service my configuration changes in jetspeed are lost.
Anybody got this problem? Please, help me.

Thanks a lot

Regards,

       Carlos Alberto Torres
    Web Solutions Consultant
MCN Technology & Consulting
      São Paulo - SP - Brasil
          www.mcn.com.br
Phone: +55 11  5561-1044
    Fax: +55 11  5561-3752

Re: JetSpeed and TOMCAT

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Carlos Torres wrote:

> Hello people,
>
> I'm using jetspeed running in tomcat on windows platform. When I execute in my desktop, using the startup.bat and shudown.bat commands, to start and stop the tomcat server no problem. But, when i start and stop the tomcat as a windows service my configuration changes in jetspeed are lost.
> Anybody got this problem? Please, help me.
>
> Thanks a lot

please do not cross post.

Try installing it something like this:

cd %TOMCAT_HOME%\bin
call tomcat -install "Jetspeed-Tomcat"
"%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll" -Xmx512m -Xms128m
-Djava.class.path="%TOMCAT_HOME%\bin\bootstrap.jar"
-Dcatalina.home="%TOMCAT_HOME" -start
org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService -params start -stop
org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService -params stop -out
"%TOMCAT_HOME%\logs\stdout.log" -err "%TOMCAT_HOME%\logs\stderr.log"

Then start the service

NET START "Jetspeed-Tomcat"

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software

Re: JetSpeed and TOMCAT

Posted by Carlos Torres <ct...@mcn.com.br>.
The configuration is the portlet asociation with panels and users. For
example, if I associate a portlet to a user in a panle or create a new one,
when I stop the tomcat service in Win2K these changes are lost.
I will try the relative pathnames.

Thanks

Re: JetSpeed and TOMCAT

Posted by Jaq Marit <ic...@slu.edu.ph>.