Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by jingych <ji...@neusoft.com> on 2021/02/04 01:15:10 UTC

About: Carbon Thrift Server is always hung dead!

Hello, all!

Thanks for the carbondata community, it's really so fast!

But recently I was confused about the carbon thrift server. It's always hang up and dead.

So I do need your help, please!

My environment is:
6nodes: Carbon 2.0 + spark2.4.5 + hadoop2.10,
Each node: 16cores + 64GB mem + 1TB disk

And here is my thrift server shell:
spark-submit
--master yarn
--num-executors 4
--driver-memory 10G
--executor-memory 10G
--executor-cores 4
--class org.apache.carbondata.spark.thriftserver.CarbonThriftServer
../carbonlib/apache-carbondata-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT-bin-spark2.4.5-hadoop2.7.2.jar

So what's the problem? And is there a HA solution for the thrift server?

Thanks!

Best regards!

________________________________
 Jingych
2021-02-04

is intended only for the use of the intended recipient and may be confidential and/or privileged of
is not the intended recipient,unauthorized use,forwarding, printing, storing, disclosure or copying
immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the original message and all copies from
your system. Thank you.

Re: About: Carbon Thrift Server is always hung dead!

Posted by Kunal Kapoor <ku...@gmail.com>.
Yes, because we are using the existing  JDBC process provided by spark,
therefore HA should be supported by following the link in my previous reply.

You can try that solution and if you face any problem then we can discuss.

答复: About: Carbon Thrift Server is always hung dead!

Posted by Kunal Kapoor <ku...@gmail.com>.
Hi jingych,