Posted to users@camel.apache.org by mattmadhavan <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2011/12/13 22:05:58 UTC

JMS Queue to Bean To JMSQueue - Turn around time

Hello,
*This is my Route:*

from("jms:validate?replyTo=validateResult").bean(ValidatorBean.class);

*Sending a message as follows:*
        template.sendBody("jms:validate", "My Text Message");

*Receiving the replied message as follows:*
        Endpoint endpoint = context.getEndpoint("jms:validateResult");
        PollingConsumer consumer = endpoint.createPollingConsumer();
        Object reply = consumer.receive().getIn().getBody();

The Vlidator bean just returns  String (return "All GOOD") absolutely no
processing logic!

But the out put says!
[                          main] RequestReplyJmsTest            INFO
[                          main] RequestReplyJmsTest            INFO
Testing done: testClientGetsReply(camelinaction.RequestReplyJmsTest)
[                          main] RequestReplyJmsTest            INFO  Took:
*5.187 seconds (5187 millis)*
[                          main] RequestReplyJmsTest            INFO

It takes 5 + secs -  seems a lot! Any ideas please? The whole processing
logic (business logic)is expected to be complete in less than 5 secs

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
Matt

Re: JMS Queue to Bean To JMSQueue - Turn around time

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
It looks like the test takes much longer timer than usual JMS test which
is about 1 second to run the test.

After checking the code of receiving message, I found you just use the
endopint.createPollingConsumer(), it may take camel some time to setup
jms listener.

On Wed Dec 14 05:05:58 2011, mattmadhavan wrote:
> Hello,
> *This is my Route:*
>
> from("jms:validate?replyTo=validateResult").bean(ValidatorBean.class);
>
> *Sending a message as follows:*
>          template.sendBody("jms:validate", "My Text Message");
>
> *Receiving the replied message as follows:*
>          Endpoint endpoint = context.getEndpoint("jms:validateResult");
>          PollingConsumer consumer = endpoint.createPollingConsumer();
>          Object reply = consumer.receive().getIn().getBody();
>
> The Vlidator bean just returns  String (return "All GOOD") absolutely no
> processing logic!
>
> But the out put says!
> [                          main] RequestReplyJmsTest            INFO
> [                          main] RequestReplyJmsTest            INFO
> Testing done: testClientGetsReply(camelinaction.RequestReplyJmsTest)
> [                          main] RequestReplyJmsTest            INFO  Took:
> *5.187 seconds (5187 millis)*
> [                          main] RequestReplyJmsTest            INFO
>
> It takes 5 + secs -  seems a lot! Any ideas please? The whole processing
> logic (business logic)is expected to be complete in less than 5 secs
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Thanks
> Matt

Willem