Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by lizhi <sl...@qq.com> on 2017/09/01 02:11:11 UTC

Re: Kotlinjs has solved the circular dependency problem. Flexjs, do you have any plans?

//testBug.as
package
{
	import flash.utils.setTimeout;
	public class TestBug
	{

		public function TestBug()
		{

			setTimeout(function():void{}, 100);
		}

	}

}

//setTimeout.as
package flash.utils
{
	public function setTimeout(closure:Function, delay:Number, ... args):uint
	{
		return 0;
		//return new SetIntervalTimer(closure, delay, false, args).id;
	}
}

//mxmlc -targets=JSFlex -js-output-optimization=skipAsCoercions
-remove-circulars -external-library-path="D:\sdk\flexjs9\js\libs\js.swc"
-compiler.source-path=../src src\TestBug.as

-----
spriteflexjs.com
--
Sent from: http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/

Re: Kotlinjs has solved the circular dependency problem. Flexjs, do you have any plans?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Again, please try to find small test cases that reproduce these bugs.  As
Harbs showed, details matter.  The fact that you were trying to initialize
a static variable with a function might matter in these cases.

Thanks,
-Alex

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Small test cases would be helpful in determining solutions.

Thanks,
-Alex

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lizhi,

I don’t think this is a “bug” that will be fixed. It’s more of a limitation which is probably not going away.

Resolving circulars so static consts (or initialized vars) can be used for custom types is not really a solvable problem unless there is a class initialization stage after loading all files. That will add more code and overhead.

The compiler used to spend more cycles putting the files into an order which resolves this circular behavior but it’s ultimately not completely solvable. I think avoiding that coding pattern is a better solution.

Maybe Alex who worked on these changes has further comments.

If it’s important to initialize static values, I’d probably recommend an initialization phase in your app which makes these assignments.

HTH,
Harbs

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
Changing this made MouseTest run:

-		public static var renderer:IRenderer = new BaseRenderer;
+		private static var _renderer:IRenderer;
+		public static function get renderer():IRenderer
+		{
+			if(!_renderer)
+				_renderer = new BaseRenderer;
+			return _renderer;
+		}
+		public static function set renderer(value:IRenderer):void{
+			_renderer = value;
+		}

I don’t know well enough to know whether getters and setters are necessary. If leaving the var uninitialized and requiring it to be set by the client might be a more efficient solution.

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
BTW, The problem is probably related to the fact that you have a static var referencing the top level function.

I found the problem by searching the JS files to “setTimeout”. SpriteFlexjs.js was the only file which had it listed in the dependency list.

HTH,
Harbs

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
Lizhi,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Are your actual code are you using both in the same file and fully
qualifying the call to flash.utils.SetTimeout?  Maybe you need more than
one file in the test.

-Alex

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Try mixing in the regular JS built-in setTimeout into your simple test
case and see if you can reproduce the same error.

-Alex

Posted by lizhi <sl...@qq.com>.
Your SDK developers must be much easier than we're looking for. No matter how
many papers. Even if 100 files. Because you can debug, this bug is obviously
where the wrong report, as long as you use eclipse debug the code, observe
variables, how many documents does not matter

-----
spriteflexjs.com

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Hi Lizhi,

I still would like to see a small reproducible test case.  If we set a
pattern where anyone can hand us 100's of files to debug then we will
simply not make much progress on FlexJS.  We need you to help us by making
a small test case.  FlexJS is being developed by a relatively small team.
We don't have a staff of folks writing tests so yes, there are going to be
plenty of bugs found by users for a while.  Even better than asking
questions, it would be great if you tried to learn the compiler code and
proposed patches.

I know your English skills are challenging for you, but I have found that
if you take the time to provide enough detail in the code we can usually
understand your question, and these days, if you post in Chinese, Google
Translate does a pretty good job of translating.

So, please use a text search tool to find out where setTimeout is used in
your code and see if you can make a small test case from just those files
and post how setTimeout is being used.

Thanks,
-Alex

Posted by lizhi <sl...@qq.com>.
So how do you solve this bug? Now change this bug, and people who use flexjs
later will be popular. If you know it is bug, but do not think of ways to
change this bug. Flexjs will only become less and less popular. Because
flash is dead, I don't want to see flexjs die too. Only SDK stability,
reduce bug, will be more and more people use flexjs. More people will use
more and more. Now I feel uncomfortable with this SDK, because every update
will always encounter a variety of bug, and then I will come to the forum to

Posted by lizhi <sl...@qq.com>.
I just downloaded the latest version of flexjs, setTimeout's bug, but my
spriteflexjs project was still wrong. I really don't know how to test this
bug, so can you go to GitHub and download my project?. Then compile it It's
easy for you to compile a flexjs project as a SDK developer. I really don't
know how to show you this bug

-----
spriteflexjs.com

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Lizhi,

I'm sorry, but I just don't want to take the time to wade through dozens
of files.

If you grep your source code, where is setTimeout mentioned?  In the small
test case, flash.utils.setTimeout gets compiled into setTimeout.js, but it
doesn't appear to be doing so in this output.

-Alex

Posted by lizhi <sl...@qq.com>.
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test>D:\sdk\flexjs9/js/bin/mxmlc -targets=JSFlex
-js-output-optimization=skipAsCoercions -remove-circulars
-external-library-path="D:\sdk\flexjs9\js\libs\js.swc"
-compiler.source-path=../src src\TestHungryHeroGPU.as
-define=CONFIG::as_only,false -define=CONFIG::js_only,true
Using Flex SDK: D:\sdk\flexjs9
MXMLJSC
-js-output-type=FLEXJS
-sdk-js-lib=D:\sdk\flexjs9\frameworks\js\FlexJS\generated-sources
-targets=JSFlex
-js-output-optimization=skipAsCoercions
-remove-circulars
-external-library-path=D:\sdk\flexjs9\js\libs\js.swc
-compiler.source-path=../src
src\TestHungryHeroGPU.as
-define=CONFIG::as_only,false
-define=CONFIG::js_only,true
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\events\IEventDispatcher.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\events\EventDispatcher.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\display\IBitmapDrawable.js
[...]
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\display\BlendMode.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\geom\Point.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\__native\IRenderer.js
Compiling file:
[...]
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\__native\GLGraphicsPath.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\accessibility\AccessibilityProperties.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\display\GraphicsGradientFill.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\display\StageQuality.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\accessibility\AccessibilityImplementation.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\geom\ColorTransform.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\display\GraphicsEndFill.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\com\hsharma\hungryHero\Assets.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\geom\PerspectiveProjection.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\geom\Matrix3D.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\text\TextSnapshot.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\text\TextFieldAutoSize.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\display\BitmapData.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\display\GraphicsSolidFill.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\display\Stage3D.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\com\hsharma\hungryHero\Sounds.js
[...]
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\display\IGraphicsStroke.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\__native\GLCanvasRenderingContext2D.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\display\GraphicsStroke.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\com\hsharma\hungryHero\TextureAtlas.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\__native\GLPath2D.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\ui\ContextMenuClipboardItems.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\__native\GLCanvasPattern.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\geom\Orientation3D.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\com\hsharma\hungryHero\Button.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\com\hsharma\hungryHero\ui\SoundButton.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\events\TextEvent.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\events\ErrorEvent.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\events\SecurityErrorEvent.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\display3D\Context3DTextureFormat.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\events\HTTPStatusEvent.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\net\URLLoaderDataFormat.js
[...]
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\com\hsharma\hungryHero\screens\Welcome.js
[...]
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\com\hsharma\hungryHero\gameElements\Particle.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\net\navigateToURL.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\com\hsharma\hungryHero\ui\HUD.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\media\SoundTransform.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\media\SoundChannel.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\com\hsharma\hungryHero\objectPools\PoolItem.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\display3D\IndexBuffer3D.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\com\hsharma\hungryHero\gameElements\Hero.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\com\hsharma\hungryHero\gameElements\Obstacle.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\display3D\textures\Texture.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\display\Shape.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\com\hsharma\hungryHero\Fonts.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\display3D\textures\CubeTexture.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\display3D\textures\VideoTexture.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\com\hsharma\hungryHero\objectPools\PoolParticle.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\display3D\textures\RectangleTexture.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\com\hsharma\hungryHero\StarlingTextField.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\com\hsharma\hungryHero\customObjects\Font.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\com\hsharma\hungryHero\gameElements\Item.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\media\SoundLoaderContext.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\com\hsharma\hungryHero\StarlingMovieClip.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\com\hsharma\hungryHero\Quad.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\com\hsharma\hungryHero\BitmapFont.js
Compiling file:
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\com\hsharma\hungryHero\gameElements\BgLayer.js
[...]
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\display\Sprite.js removing
[...]
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\geom\Transform.js removing
require: flash.geom.ColorTransform
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\geom\Transform.js removing
require: flash.geom.Matrix
Dependencies calculated for 'flash.geom.Transform'
Dependencies calculated for 'flash.geom.ColorTransform'
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\utils\getTimer.js removing
[...]
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\geom\Rectangle.js removing
[...]
flash.display3D.textures.TextureBase depends on flash.events.EventDispatcher
[...]
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\utils\ByteArray.js removing
[...]
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\display\Stage3D.js removing
[...]
Dependencies calculated for 'com.hsharma.hungryHero.events.NavigationEvent'
[...]
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\display\Bitmap.js removing
require: SpriteFlexjs
[...]
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\text\TextField.js removing
[...]
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\text\TextFormat.js removing
[...]
D:\proj\git\spriteflexjs\test\bin\js-debug\flash\display\Loader.js removing

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Are you sure you have the latest code?  Maybe you grabbed an old build
before the new build finished.

However, I noticed this error (GoogDepsWriter line 158) is different from
the other error you reported (line 100) so there might be more than one
bug.

-Alex

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
What error did you get?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
I pushed a fix for this NPE.  The nightly build should be done in about 40
minutes.

-Alex