Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by johnxmas <jo...@free.fr> on 2008/04/22 16:50:17 UTC

JCA Connector and hidden-classes

Hello,

I created my own JCA connector. Wanting to use my own version of commons-logging and log4j,
I have embedded in thre RAR the two corresponding jars and, in geronimo-ra.xml, added the following
lines

  <dep:hidden-classes>
       <filter>org.apache.commons.logging,org.apache.log4</filter>
    </dep:hidden-classes>

But, when I deploy the adapter (stand-alone deployment, not thru an EAR), I do not
get the expected result. I traced the code, and discovered that in fact the resources
are loaded from the parent

---> LOG FACTORY is loaded from file:/D:/geronimo-1.0/lib/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar

If any one has got an explaination....

Thanks

Jean-Noël

Re: JCA Connector and hidden-classes

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
The filter element only takes one package, so you want

   <dep:hidden-classes>
        <dep:filter>org.apache.commons.logging.</dep:filter>
        <dep:filter>org.apache.log4.</dep:filter>
     </dep:hidden-classes>

Also its a good idea to include the "." just in case someone has a
package org.apache.log4jakarta or something that you don't want to
hide :-)

Let us know if there are additional problems

thanks
david jencks