Posted to dev@training.apache.org by Dmitriy Pavlov <dp...@apache.org> on 2019/06/18 11:41:33 UTC

[DISCUSSION] Create JIRA Contributors group, switch permission scheme

Hi Training developers,

I understand that that suggestion may be proposed too early (because we
don't have a lot of new contributors, who want to participate), but I still
want to suggest this.

Please consider switching from JIRA scheme where only committers can be
assignable to issue  (Default scheme) to
Default plus Contributor Assign Permission Scheme?

This option introduces a new JIRA role Contributor, who can assign issue
and make it patch available.

This will allow newcomers to be issue owners in JIRA. I suppose it could
have a positive community effect. People are given social permission to do
something, they can feel responsible to complete a task if they are
assigned (of course, assignment of issue can be only done by contributor
him or herself).

WDYT?

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov

Re: [DISCUSSION] Create JIRA Contributors group, switch permission scheme

Posted by gautam gupta <gr...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Dmitriy. Its works for me as well.

Gautam

Posted by Lars Francke <la...@gmail.com>.
Perfect, thank you!

Posted by Ryan Skraba <ry...@skraba.com>.