Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by "Ramaswamy, Pudur" <pu...@paypal.com> on 2010/03/11 00:44:29 UTC

UnSubscribe

From: Gauba, Naveen [mailto:c_ngauba@qualcomm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 3:34 PM
To: java-dev@axis.apache.org
Subject: Connection to Axis Web Service gets stale when the Web Service App is bounced.

Hi Guys

My spring application is using an external Axis Web Service. I initialize the Service Stub during my application startup and keep a connection for that.

When the external Axis Web Service was bounced I started getting "Read timed out" error when my app tried to talk to the web service.

00000027 HTTPSender    I org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender sendViaPost Unable to sendViaPost to url[ http://servername:9080/abcd-content-soap/MyService<%20http:/servername:9080/abcd-content-soap/MyService>]
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:155)

How do I fix this issue? I understand that I can build a polling mechanism inside my app which can ping the service frequently and then re-initialize the service in case of 'Read Time Out' exceptions. Is there a different option? Could I configure something on the axis configurations that takes care of this issue?

Regards

Naveen Gauba