Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kevin Fonner <fo...@greenfern.com> on 2001/05/14 23:16:24 UTC

resultset Question

I want to grab just the first record in a Query of my database.  I thought that this would be pretty simple???
Acording to my books they said that after executing...
resultSet = statement.executeQuery("SELECT * FROM userfolders WHERE username=\'" + userName + "\'");
That resultset would contain the first record.  But I can't seem to grab the data. Below is a sample of my code that I think pertains to my problem.  If anybody has any ideas I would appreciate them

resultSet = statement.executeQuery("SELECT * FROM userfolders WHERE username=\'" + userName + "\'");
   dFolder = resultSet.getString("folder");
   dModule = resultSet.getString("dmod");
   dModulePath = resultSet.getString("dmod_path");

Thanks,
Kevin

Re: resultset Question

Posted by Manish <mp...@paycom.net>.
Kevin Fonner wrote:

> I want to grab just the first record in a Query of my database.  I
> thought that this would be pretty simple???
>
> Acording to my books they said that after executing...
>
> /resultSet = statement.executeQuery("SELECT * FROM userfolders WHERE
> username=\'" + userName + "\'");/
>
> That resultset would contain the first record.  But I can't seem to
> grab the data. Below is a sample of my code that I think pertains to
> my problem.  If anybody has any ideas I would appreciate them
>
> resultSet = statement.executeQuery("SELECT * FROM userfolders WHERE
> username=\'" + userName + "\'");
>    dFolder = resultSet.getString("folder");
>    dModule = resultSet.getString("dmod");
>    dModulePath = resultSet.getString("dmod_path");
>

> Thanks,
>
> Kevin

Kevin,

" resultset would contain the first  record" would contain the first
record is not true... you have to do

while (rs.next()) {

//do Something

}