Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ken Tam <ke...@proteustech.com> on 2007/08/03 08:47:08 UTC

xs:anyType deserialize problem in Axis2 version 1.2

Hi all,

I've exposed a POJO web service with a method which returns another POJO
containing a member of type Object. This translates to xs:anyType in the
WSDL. I wrote an AXIS2 client to consume this web service. The value of the
Object is null after the deserialization process. The actual value of the
Object member is a simple type (String, Float and Integer). Is there another
way to instruct the WSDL generation process to use a different value? Is
this a deserialization issue?

Thanks,
Ken

RE: xs:anyType deserialize problem in Axis2 version 1.2

Posted by Ken Tam <ke...@proteustech.com>.
Hi Deepal,

Is this a known issue? Currently, a null is returned without any error even
when there is a value in the SOAP response.

I was able to workaround this problem by using my own version of the
beanutil.deserialize() method.

Thanks,
Ken

> I've exposed a POJO web service with a method which returns another
> POJO containing a member of type Object. This translates to xs:anyType
> in the WSDL. I wrote an AXIS2 client to consume this web service. The
> value of the Object is null after the deserialization process. The
> actual value of the Object member is a simple type (String, Float and
> Integer). Is there another way to instruct the WSDL generation process
> to use a different value? Is this a deserialization issue?
At the moment there is no way to configure that.

Thanks
Deepal

Re: xs:anyType deserialize problem in Axis2 version 1.2

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.