Posted to users@taverna.apache.org by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@mygrid.org.uk> on 2016/11/10 10:33:53 UTC

Fwd: [WEBINAR] Large-scale analytical workflows on the cloud using Galaxy and Globus

Hi folks - apologies for the spam.  I am part of arranging the below
webinar about large-scale Galaxy genomics workflows; which I think
might also be interesting to Taverna users:

We would like to invite you to attend the 8th webinar in BioExcel’s
webinar series on computational methods and applications for
biomolecular research, which will take place on 16th November 2016:

# Webinar: Large-scale analytical workflows on the cloud using Galaxy and Globus

http://bioexcel.eu/webinar-8-2016-11-16-workflows-galaxy-globus/

Presenter: Ravi Madduri
When: Wed 16th November 2016 16:00 CET (2016-11-16 15:00 UTC)
Registration: Free -
https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5808939110698431491

BioExcel webinars include an audience Q&A session during which
attendees can ask questions and make suggestions. They are a great
opportunity to interact with the main code developers.

This is the first webinar from the BioExcel Workflows Interest Group,
welcoming users (and potential users) of Scientific Workflow systems
for data analysis and pipe-lining of biomolecular simulation and
modelling tools; in particular using Galaxy, Apache Taverna, KNIME,
COMPSs and Common Workflow Language.

This interest group covers pros and cons of these workflow system,
practical workflow design and setup, also covers deployment questions
on HPC/cloud infrastructure, like the use of Docker for packaging
command line codes.

In this BioExcel webinar we are delighted to have Ravi Madduri from
Argonne National Laboratory and University of Chicago present Globus
Genomics, a system developed for rapid analysis of large quantities of
next-generation sequencing (NGS) genomic data, combining Galaxy
workflows with cloud technologies like Amazon EC2 and Globus File
Transfer.

Ravi will also present the technologies used to achieve large-scale
analytical Galaxy workflows on the cloud. We think this will be of
interest not just for the genomics community, but for any scientific
workflow users who need to consider distributed deployments, data
management and scalability; and so we hope you would like to attend
this webinar.

(more: http://bioexcel.eu/webinar-8-2016-11-16-workflows-galaxy-globus/ )

## Register for webinar

Title: Large-scale analytical workflows on the cloud using Galaxy and Globus
Date: Wed 16th November 2016 (2016-11-16)
Time: 16:00 CET

Please register at
https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5808939110698431491. You
will then receive an email with details of how you can connect to the
webinar.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
School of Computer Science