Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Buonincontri, Steve (CAP, MMF, ITSS)" <St...@gecapital.com> on 2002/02/20 15:12:57 UTC

merge 2 FO example using FOP

Does anyone have a java code example that combines (concates) 2 FO files into one that can then be then run through FOP?

- steveb

Re: merge 2 FO example using FOP

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <je...@outline.ch>.
> Does anyone have a java code example that combines (concates) 2 FO files into one that can then be then run through FOP?

Obviously, you didn't understand what Carlos and I tried to tell you. So
let's try again.

XSLT is great to do what you want. You can use the "document()" function
to create/combine your target file from more than one XML source (or
here: XSL:FO file). The java code to do the actual XSL transformation is
straight-forward and can be looked up in any JAXP tutorial. If you don't
know XSLT already I recommend you start learning immediately.

If you want to do it by Java code only: A relatively simple way would be
to combine DOM trees in memory.

Cheers,
Jeremias Märki

mailto:jeremias.maerki@outline.ch

OUTLINE AG
Fon +41 41 317 20 20 - Fax +41 41 317 20 29
Internet http://www.outline.ch