Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by James Stauffer <js...@spscommerce.com> on 2004/05/18 17:07:16 UTC

DBAppender logging_event.level_string

For DBAppender the column logging_event.level_string is defined as
varchar(254).  As I understand it the possible values are: DEBUG, INFO,
WARN, ERROR, and FATAL, so it seems that varchar(5) would big enough.  If
someone wanted to define a CRITICAL level then making it varchar(10) would
give plenty of room.  Why is it so big?

James Stauffer

Re: DBAppender logging_event.level_string

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.
Hi James,

The field is 254 long in order to support custom Level types. The support
is not there yet but it will be added eventually.

--
Ceki Gülcü