Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/11 19:01:24 UTC

ephemeral node not deleted after client long gone

Hi,

I found an issue in zookeeper 3.3.0 where an ephemeral node didn't get
deleted after the client was long gone. This seems to be a rare event and
happens 1 out of 600 tries. Has there been a similar problem reported/fixed?
Thanks,

Jun

Re: ephemeral node not deleted after client long gone

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
I saw the following entries on the session. It seems that the client that
created the ephemeral node has already been closed. Also, I was using ZK
3.2.1 server and ZK 3.3.0 client. Any issues like that related to ZK 3.2.1?
Thanks,

2011-02-11 04:39:07,350 - INFO
[NIOServerCxn.Factory:12913:NIOServerCnxn@615] - Creating new session
0x22cab09a7380273
2011-02-11 04:39:25,803 - INFO  [CommitProcessor:0:NIOServerCnxn@833] -
closing session:0x22cab09a7380273 NIOServerCnxn:
java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[connected local=/172.17.135.39:12913remote=/
172.16.78.170:45385]

Jun

Posted by "Fournier, Camille F. [Tech]" <Ca...@gs.com>.

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.