Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Frederic JEANNE <fj...@symetrx.com> on 2001/03/13 17:20:21 UTC

Java Mail 1.2 support in next release ?

Hello,

I just want to know if the next release of SOAP Axis will support the Java
Mail
API and hence will be abble to plug another SMTP/POP provider than
IBM pop3.jar and smtp.jar (for example com.ibm.network.mail.* required
SOAPSMTPConnection.java SOAP 2.1) ?

Thancks,

FJ.

Re: Java Mail 1.2 support in next release ?

Posted by Wouter Cloetens <wo...@mind.be>.
On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 05:20:21PM +0100, Frederic JEANNE wrote:
> I just want to know if the next release of SOAP Axis will support the Java
> Mail
> API and hence will be abble to plug another SMTP/POP provider than
> IBM pop3.jar and smtp.jar (for example com.ibm.network.mail.* required
> SOAPSMTPConnection.java SOAP 2.1) ?

That plan has been mentioned before, but there doesn't seem to be much
interest in mail as a transport type. I believe that the initial SMTP/POP3
support was intented more as a novelty. It certainly isn't suitable for
use in a production environment.

In the open source world, that comes down to: "are you volunteering?" ;-)

bfn, Wouter